Downton Abbey Christmas Special

2 hour episode will air Christmas Day on ITV
and in February on PBS

From newly released Press Pack:
Hugh Bonneville
got to dance with Phyllis Logan at the Servant’s Ball and recounts with much hilarity the dance lessons, “Myself and Phyllis took to it like a duck to water, and in fact we had an off screen dancing competition and it was clear from the outset we would win Strictly Come Downton.” But did he tread on any toes? “Well I think toes are overrated and indeed Phyllis is now out of intensive care and is looking forward to a fully fit 2012.” But the couple he did enjoy watching were Rob James-Collier and Maggie Smith. “They were a sight to behold, it was a joy - poetry in motion.”

Disappointing news for some fans, Lady Sybil and Branson will not be seen in the Christmas special as Jessica Brown Findlay and Allen Leech are not listed in the cast list.

LinkMore photos posted here

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post on Downton Abbey! I am looking forward to watching Rob James-Collier and Maggie Smith -- they are, as you say, a joy to watch, but will have to wait until the second season begins here in America -- early 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited! Thank you for the update. I love all the things you post on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks perfectly lovely - I cannot wait to see it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose Sybil and Branson are honeymooning over Christmas.
    Very excited for another episode to see us through until next season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this serie, for me it is one of the best serie. I look forward this Christmas special.
    Greetings from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  6. @AudreyThanks for your comment. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to pass along the info on a few books I recently found in case folks haven't heard about them:
    The World of Downton Abbey: http://www.amazon.com/World-Downton-Abbey-Jessica-Fellowes/dp/1250006341/ref=pd_sim_b_32

    The Real Downton Abbey: An Unofficial Guide to the Period which Inspired the Hit TV Show:
    http://www.amazon.com/Real-Downton-Abbey-Unofficial-Inspired/dp/1843584042/ref=pd_sim_b_2

    And a novel I'm reading that is so far very good: The American Heiress
    http://www.amazon.com/American-Heiress-Novel-Daisy-Goodwin/dp/0312658656/ref=pd_sim_b_3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Charlie Brown for coming back and posting this for us. I appreciate this site so much. As a thank you, for all your time and effort you've put in, I thought I'd post this as a little gift for you as I think you'll like it. So with love for Christmas.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Countrygirltori24#p/u/8/T8ICbWWVz7M

    I don't mind if you delete it, just hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you guys know that the whole second season is available 2 watch online? Go here: http://www.tv-links.eu/_search/?s=Downton+Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo! I'll have to look for this. I love that show.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts