Baroque Films (1600-1750)

Here's the next installment of period dramas sorted by era
which brings us back to the Baroque Era (1600-1750).

















































































































































Black Robe (1991)
Charles II: The Power & the Passion (2003)
Children of the New Forest (1999)
Cinderella (1997)
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (2001)
Cromwell (1970)
Cutthroat Island (1995)
Don Quixote (2000)
Girl With a Pearl Earring (2003)
Lady and the Highwayman (1989)
Le Roi Soleil (2007)
Lorna Doone
Lost in La Mancha
Moliere (2007)
Peter the Great (1986)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Robinson Crusoe (1996)
Shogun (1980)
The Crucible (1996)
The Four Musketeers (1975)
The Man in the Iron Mask (1998)
The Musketeer (2001)
The New World (2005) 1600s
The Return of the Musketeers (1989)
The Scarlet Letter (1995)
The Serpent's Kiss (1997)
The Three Musketeers (1993, 2011)
Three Sovereigns for Sarah (1985)
Treasure Island (1997)
Vatel (2000)

8 comments:

  1. Yea another installment! I'd add The Libertine too though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Have you seen Restoration (1995)? It fits in on this list as well. :) It's about Charles II (Sam Neill) and his attempts to marry off one of his mistresses to his physician (Robert Downey Jr). Something like that. Haven't seen it for ages, but I remember it as being an okay film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! If I had all those DVDs I'd be Baroque too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So many of my favorite films on this list! I love Black Robe, Cyrano, Cromwell, Lorna Doone (with Sean Bean)...and I could go on. I need to watch Black Robe again, been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Divine Ms. M and Traxy,
    Thanks for your suggestions! My list is not meant to be exhaustive so I've only included films that tend to be 'family friendly'!

    @Phylly,
    Love your sense of humour as always!

    @Musa/Fabo
    It's been so long since I've seen Black Robe that I've forgotten it. I would need to re-watch it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget To Kill a King and BBC's The Devil's Whore for some other English civil war films.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should Ever After be in this list? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts