Richard Armitage's birthday message to fans

Richard Armitage celebrated his 40th birthday on August 22nd, 2011 and sent this message to his fans via RichardArmitageOnline.


Dear Friends,

I would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you for all the kind gifts which have been sent to me over the last few weeks, for my birthday; so many gifts, cards and emails of good wishes from all over the world. (Poland, Ukraine, Japan, Russia, Germany, Korea, Itlay, USA, Canada, Netherlands and all over the UK)

I will be so 'well read', drunk, fat, warm and sweet smelling thanks to your generosity.

I am particularly excited to let you know that the "Just Giving" donations to our four charities has reached an amazing £11,933! In addition to donations to Oxfam and Christchurch Earthquake appeal, which I find both thoughtful and moving.

I am afraid there may be some delay in remitting thank you letters and any requests for signing photos, as I am in New Zealand for the rest of the year, but am working on a system to remedy this.

So middle age has arrived and apparently 'life now begins'. I look forward to the next chapter, there is nowhere I would rather be at this moment than exploring "Middle Earth" with my new family of Dwarves, Elves, Men, Wizard and Hobbit. What a gift to be here, in this place, at this time. I can't wait to share it with everyone. I am a very fortunate man.

Much love
RA

Photo credit: Elsa Quarsell

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting his letter, I don't usually hang out at his website so I really enjoyed reading it here. I'm so looking forward to the Hobbit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry ... I do not speak English, but I hope the translator you can understand me ..... RA I admire very much, and I like you already can see movies in Mexico .....
    had already gone through your blog, but not to comment ...
    I follow your blog and I hope to occasionally leave a message for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, what a polite, humble and generous man he appears to be! It's heart-warming when a celebrity expresses true gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for doing this!!!
    i love him so so much...waiting for hobbit more so because of him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tina
    Oh he really does seem to be that way, always! (So I really think he is!) That is why I have such a huge crush on the dear man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we can all agree that Richard definitely stands out as a gentleman! :)

    @anne wentworth
    Thanks for following the blog! Happy to meet another fan of period dramas from Mexico!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts