The Royal Diaries (DVD)


Three of the titles from Scholastic's series of Royal Diaries
have been adapted for film (each story is 26 minutes):

Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile, Egypt, 57 B.C. (written by Carolyn Meyer)
Isabel: Jewel of Castilla, Spain, 1466 (written by Kristiana Gregory )
Elizabeth I: Red Rose of the House of Tudor, England, 1544 (written by Kathryn Lasky)

I enjoyed reading some of the Scholastic diaries with my daughter so pleased to see that they have been adapted for young girls to get a taste of history!









Thanks to for uploading these videos!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! If this was a television series in my youth, there's no doubt it would have been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading the Cleopatra book three times as a kid. I loved that book! Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally makes me nostalgic for my daughter's younger years and learning about some of these historical women myself! Wished that the books had been around when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved these books when I was younger! I never got to see the adaptations of them. Thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete
  5. @minavilly
    You're welcome! I read that these short films were well-received so it would be great if they attempted adaptations of more of the books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I had never seen these before or read the scholastic books. How amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts