Le Roi Soleil (2007)


Le Roi Soleil
(The Sun King) is a French musical (dubbed in English below) about the life of Louis XIV (reigned 1643-1715) which premiered in Paris, France in 2005. I love the songs and the costumes! Now on my list of Top 30!

Louis XIV played by Emmanuel Moire

Cast:
Marie Mancini : Anne-Laure Girbal
Isabelle, the representative of the people : Victoria Petrosillo
The Duc de Beaufort : Merwan Rim
Monsieur, the King's brother : Christophe Maé
Madame de Montespan : Lysa Ansaldi
Françoise d'Aubigné : Cathialine Andria

Cardinal Mazarin : Jack Morgan
Anne of Austria : Marie Lenoir

6 comments:

  1. French power lol =) Thanks for this post, i actually really liked this musical. The singers and costumes were great.
    But i think we can't reach the level of the english musicals, even if i enjoyed this one.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sarah
    I have watched or listened to this musical SO many times in the past couple of months! I just love it! I'm not sure why you'd say that it can't reach the level of the English musicals since this one is much better than quite a few English ones that I can think of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you for posting this! My french teacher introduced me to one of the songs "Un Geste de Vous" a long time ago. Now I get to see the whole musical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Karyn
    Glad you get to watch the whole thing! I wish I could convince more of my friends to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm french, and I saw this musical. It was an amazing experience. I remembered that I was sat, wainting for the bigining, when I realized that a part of the singers/actors were next to me because as you see in the video, the musical starts in the crowd and not on stage. It was awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jacobinette
    Ah, lucky you! I would love to see it performed live!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts