Cast announced for Christie's Crooked House


Julie Andrews, Gemma Arterton, Matthew Goode and Gabriel Byrne will star in director Neil LaBute's adaptation of Agatha Christie's "Crooked House," with screenplay by Julian Fellowes and Tim Rose.

Book description: In the sprawling, half-timbered mansion in the affluent suburb of Swinly Dean, Aristide Leonides lies dead from barbiturate poisoning. An accident? Not likely. In fact, suspicion has already fallen on his luscious widow, a cunning beauty fifty years his junior, set to inherit a sizeable fortune, and rumored to be carrying on with a strapping young tutor comfortably ensconced in the family estate. But criminologist Charles Hayward is casting his own doubts on the innocence of the entire Leonides brood. He knows them intimately. And he's certain that in a crooked house such as Three Gables, no one's on the level...


5 comments:

  1. Excellent cast ! I can't wait to see it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! This is such exciting news! I read the book just last year and can't think of anyone I'd rather see in the role of Charles Hayward than Matthew Goode! Sophia's character is suposed to be quiet and mysterious yet beautiful so I think that Gemma Arterton will be perfect! And getting Julie Andrews and Gabriel Byrne on board will definitely attract more attention to the film. I can't wait to see the rest of the cast! Thank you for relaying this news, I really enjoyed reading the article you linked to! This is going to be good! :)

    ~Miss Laurie
    Old-Fashioned Charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read the book but glad to hear that others are excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That description is the jacket blurb from a paperback edition of the book, and it is more than a little skewed! The descriptions of the widow and the tutor are laughably innacurate.

    But anyway, if they do this well it should be a great film. For a minute I was puzzled as to who Julie Andrews might be playing, but now I think I know.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts