Anonymous (2011) - trailer

I've been waiting to see the trailer for this one!

A political thriller about who actually wrote the plays of William Shakespeare - Edward De Vere, Earl of Oxford - set against the backdrop of the succession of Queen Elizabeth I, and the Essex Rebellion against her.

Rhys Ifans (Edward De Vere)
Vanessa Redgrave (Queen Elizabeth I)
Joely Richardson (Princess Elizabeth, younger version played by her mom)
David Thewlis (William Cecil)
Rafe Spall (Shakespeare)
Jamie Campbell-Bower (young De Vere)
Derek Jacobi (narrator of prologue)
Directed by Roland Emmerich


Due out in September 2011
More information on ANONYMOUS

3 comments:

  1. You've got me interested in this one. It looks like a mystery thriller full of political intrigue. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just reading that Derek Jacobi, who is playing King Lear, also believes that De Vere wrote the plays as does Charles Beauclerk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, I watched some of the press conference and recall Rhys Ifans mentioning his belief about De Vere's authorship as well. I'm surprised that what we've assumed about Shakespeare all these years is being challenged. This is the first I've heard of this premise!

    Phylly, if you want to find out more the videos for the press conference are here:
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=51AFE13EAD873B78

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts