Uptown Downstairs Abbey - Red Nose spoof video

A host of stars join forces for a period-drama-themed spoof for Red Nose Day.


Cast: Julian Fellowes (Simon Callow), the butler (Patrick Barlow), Mrs Danvers (Joanna Lumley), O'Brien (Olivia Colman), Cook (Eleanor Thom), Fraya Edmondson (maid/runner); Camille Ucan (maid/mermaid); Maid (Hannah Dodd); Bates (Bruce Byron); Maid (Beatie Edmondson); Thomas (Dale Winton); Mathew Crawler (Tim Vine); Countess (Jennifer Saunders); Lord Grantham (Harry Enfield), Lady Grantham (Kim Cattrall), Mrs Crawler (Victoria Wood), Lady Mary (Sarah Solemani), Daughter (Tish Potter), Daughter (Katie Wixs)





See photo of cast done by: Seamus Ryan

7 comments:

  1. I found that on Youtube as well and just posted it too! What a hoot. And such a great cause too. I think I need to go and donate some money now, perhaps to the Red Cross...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled when my friend in the UK sent me the links! I thought we'd have to wait longer to see it but glad that BBC posted it right away! Love that Downton has become such a huge part of the pop culture :) And now I don't know if I'll look at the stairs without grinning when season 2 returns...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's Sir Michael Gambon's voice narrating! Simon Callow is so funny playing Julian Fellowes! I love that they use the same music. There's so many literary and film references, this is too funny and silly!
    "House maid...over maid, milk maid, tea's made, homemade... maid in China...mermaid!" hehe! The spoof of Brendan Coyle's character, haha!
    This was SO much fun and the humor is surprisingly clean! I loved it, thanks so much for posting!!! :)

    ~Miss Laurie
    Old-Fashioned Charm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting! I love the spoofs they do for Red Nose - I just think they are so brillant & hysterical. Lumely & Saunders - oh my they just are the best.
    And yes the explanation of the staircase - so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was hilarious! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these! Utterly fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to love it! The English are so good at taking themselves off. They really do such a great job of this one. And I've not even seen the original series! But I can guess what it's going to be about! ;D

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts