Amish Grace (2010)

When a group of Amish schoolgirls are taken hostage and killed in their classroom, their parents and the Amish community of Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania, stun the outside world by immediately forgiving the killer. Ida Graber (Kimberly Williams-Paisley), mother of one of the murdered children, has a tougher time than the others accepting the tragedy, but in her anguish and pain, she begins a personal journey of renewed faith, ultimately accepting the heart-wrenching tragedy of losing a child; reconnecting with her husband (Matt Letscher), family, and community; offering forgiveness to the killer; and even showing kindness and compassion to the killer’s widow (Tammy Blanchard) and children – all in the form of Amish Grace

(Previously aired on Lifetime channel)

Website for book: Amish Grace: how Forgiveness Transcended Tragedy By Donald B. Kraybill, Steven M. Nolt, and David L. Weaver-Zercher


5 comments:

  1. You are a pretty blog.
    I follow you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Charleybrown :)

    Off the topic: as a child I remember watching the 1967 BBC production of Pride and Prejudice, which I loved, please check this:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0052348/

    I also remember watching another BBC production of David Copperfield, which I'm sure it was this one:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327277/

    Do you have any further information about it?

    Oh! I think you've never mentioned the wonderful BBC's War & Peace with Anthony Hopkins. Have you seen it? If you haven't, you're in for a treat!

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, I have not seen any of those productions. I do like Anthony Hopkins so I'll keep War and Peace in mind! Sorry but I don't have any information about them offhand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind, I'll keep searching and I'll keep you posted.

    As for War and Peace, which I have on DVD for some five years:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Peace-DVD-Anthony-Hopkins/dp/B002VPVDKI/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1300310553&sr=1-3

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts