Bleak House - Image Gallery


I continue to hear rave reviews about Bleak House, even 5 years since the Dickens' series premiered on BBC. It is one of the DVD's that I bought before watching beforehand and proved to be a very worthwhile purchase! Here are some images from the series with its wealth of characters as is typical for one of Dicken's tales.

Thanks to Sharona at Period Films for the gorgeous photos! I've resized these to have their width or length be at most 1000 pixels since Blogger doesn't seem to take them at their highest resolution. If you desire larger, visit Sharon's site but please give her credit if used!












































































































































































































































































6 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this adaptation of Bleak House. I've also started reading the book, which is fascinating in its structure, tone, and technique, and I hope to be able to get back to it and finish it this year.

    Of course, I've always been a HUGE fan of Denis Lawson, so seeing him in this role thrilled me to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaye,
    glad to hear that the book is proving to be such a good read!

    I only know Denis from this role but have to admit that he definitely won me over! I was happy for Esther in the end but ached to see her give up dear Jarndyce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the series as soon as I finished seeing it on TV, and watch it annually - always seeing something new, and always delighted. I think the Lady Deadlock character is an absolutely perfetct portrayal of frustrated emotion held in check!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, now you've added a difficult decision into my life. I'm having a stitching marathon this weekend and was wondering what to watch, now I'm thinking that Bleak House would be a really good idea. Hmmmmm
    Brilliant version, and I still want to see the older version with Diana Rigg, have you ever seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore this adaptation of Bleak House. It's beautifully shot and of course the story is fantastic. Funnily enough I met up with a friend last night who had just started to watch it on DVD again and I had a sudden yearning to watch it myself! The recent BBC adaptation of Little Dorrit was also very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. demeter83,
    I've heard of the Diana Rigg version but I've not seen it! If I had all the time in the world, I would love to see that adaptation as well!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts