Aisha - images from film

Aisha, the Bollywood adaptation of "Emma" was not by perfect by any means
but the music, the fashion and the Bollywood style made it fun!

Left to right: Dhruv, Aarti, Pinky, Aisha, Arjun, Shefali, Randhir
(Frank Churchill, Jane Fairfax, new character, Emma, Knightley, Harriet, Mr Elton)



Seems the modern-day Emmas like to shop!
Cher in Clueless (Alicia Silverstone) and Aisha ...



Lisa Haydon who plays Aarti (Jane Fairfax) reminded me of Angelina Jolie.


From Elle magazine

Thinking of the other Bollywood adaptation of Austen's Bride & Prejudice,
just noticed that Aishwarya Rai is on the cover of Elle for December 2010


Source for some pics: SonamKapoor.net

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this movie yet. But isn't this the same actress that was in "Bride and Prejudice"? That movie was surprisingly good.
    The actress is extremely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo at the bottom is of the actress from Bride and Prejudice. It's a wonder they didn't get her since she also did the Indian version of Sense & Sensibility "Kandukondain Kandukondain" - she would have had a hat trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aisha is strictly acceptable as an Indian adaptation of Austen. The Kapoor sisters were too focused on clothes and not enough on Sonam's acting.

    Kandukondain, on the other hand, is a perfect adaptation for me. Have you seen it yet?

    And a recommendation:

    Lilies - I'm surprised that you haven't caught this excellent Heidi Thomas drama. It's up there with North and South as my favourite costume drama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon,
    I admit that Aisha is a film full of imperfections but some of its flaws are just what made it so enjoyable for my daughter and myself!

    I haven't seen Kanduondain or Lilies but I've heard of them. Perhaps one day I'll have the time to check them out. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts