1000 POSTS!

I've noticed the number of posts on Enchanted Serenity inching toward a thousand and I've wondered how I could mark the milestone! Keep in mind that my posts aren't always as time consuming as other bloggers who take the time to write reviews or post articles elaborating on a certain topic. My main goal has always been to share links with others of great period dramas that you might not be familiar with or background information about the films that we love! Although most of my posts are summaries or links to other sources, it still has been a labour of love and it's been great fun meeting so many others who share my love of this genre.

One of my biggest hurdles has been how to make this blog "searchable" and indexed so people can find out more about desired dramas. Since I've posted so frequently (as of late anyway), it would be easy to miss an item that was posted just a few days earlier. I currently have 5 posts appearing at a time but some days I've posted that many articles and so the other posts get moved down the queue and out of site.

So here's my suggestion for finding "schtuff" on here!

The Google searchbar LOOKING FOR SOMETHING? on the top right is your best bet! I use it all the time myself!

For recent posts, don't forget to scan the archive list of previous posts which I've titled TAKE A TRIP BACK IN TIME again on the right sidebar...

SEARCH BY ACTOR OR TOPIC is also further down on the sidebar which lists all the labels that I've used on here. I've only currently been adding film titles as labels so it's not as useful as the Google search.

The tabs at the top are the main indexes on here.

FILM INDEX is the main one that I use to list all those dramas which have become my favourites. [There are some on there that I've not yet seen but have been profiled with enough information and my assumption that they will be a favoured one once I've seen it.]

UPCOMING FILMS has been another doozie to keep track of! There are so many period films being mentioned all the time. If you click on the top tab, it will take you to the page where I list films as I hear of them. Occasionally, I'll post them individually or do an update of a group of them. On the Upcoming Films page, I've placed a box which when clicked on will take you to the most recently posted articles tagged "upcoming".

The other tabs are pretty self-explanatory, I've tried to keep them up to date but still have some tweaking to do but feel free to browse through the tabs:
TOP 30, TOP 150, ART, FASHION & JUST FOR FUN!

The tabs of BBC Period Dramas and Watch Online do seem to get quite a lot of hits from what I can tell! The ? tab on the top right is my site index which is another attempt to organize the posts on here.

I would also like to recommend GOOGLE READER for those who don't know of it as a great way to track all your favourite blogs so you don't have to check each one individually.


MANY THANKS
to all who've taken the time to comment or email along the way!

It's a blast to share this journey back in time with you!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I passed that milestone a while ago and share in the knowledge of how much hard work blogging takes. Just love your blog, as you know!! Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your milestone, and thank you for providing such a wonderful blog! It's definitely converted me, and as you may know, I did not have a propensity to watch Period Drama.

    Best wishes for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the milestone! Thank you again for your wonderful blog -- I love all the updates and insight, and you have introduced me to so many films and miniseries I hadn't heard of! I've recommended your blog so many times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I've never posted before but I've been reading your blog for about two years now and I love it - it's the place I go to to learn about what is going on with period films. Thank you! (And I love my google reader too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love your blog and find it a staple in my feed reader. :) Thanks for all you do to keep us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to a wonderful blogger. I hope you have as much fun writing your blog as we all do reading it!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratualtions. I have really been enjoying your blog. Thank you for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Dear Butterfly Babe!! So happy for you :) You've got an A+ site!!

    Love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone!!!
    It's knowing that others love these films as much as I do that makes it so grand! Without others to share my excitement, it wouldn't be half the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations CB! You are a marvel! Your blog is a treasurehouse of all things period drama. Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many congratulations! :) Here's to a thousand more! *raises teacup* Your blog is very good at keeping us all informed of new period dramas and things in the works, and I love that. Thank you! :)

    I think maybe it was you who suggested Google Reader a while back, and if it was, thank you! I've found it incredibly useful. That way, I actually regularly read people's blogs and not just every now and again when I remember which ones I like to read. It's also helped to follow more blogs, as I can very quickly check if there's a new post, what it's about and if I'm interested in reading it or not. It also helps alleviate boredom at work when there's nothing to do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheers to your 1000th! And wishing you continued "enchanted serenity"...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I find your blog, about month ago, and from that time, I´m going here, every few days :-) Love your new uptades, thank you for upcoming movies, and do what you did till now, because its amazing job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I'm looking in on your blog every day and appreciate your informative work.
    Ida

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marvelous site, and thank you so much for all you do!! And congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks all! So pleased to know that the little tidbits that fascinate me might be useful to other fanatics out there!

    Traxy, glad you discovered the utility of Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "back in time" avec tellement de plaisir. Un grand merci à vous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congratulation on your milestone, I've just discovered your blod 2 mounth ago and come to visite every day nowIrealy enjoy reading and discovering what you share with us
    I'm a huge fan of pérod dramas .
    best wishes for the futur

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!! You're one of my favorite blogs out there and I recommend you to all my period drama loving friends.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts