Tree of Life (2011)

"From Terrence Malick, the acclaimed director of such classic films as Badlands, Days of Heaven and The Thin Red Line, The Tree of Life is the impressionistic story of a Midwestern family in the 1950's. The film follows the life journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years as he tries to reconcile a complicated relationship with his father (Brad Pitt). Jack (played as an adult by Sean Penn) finds himself a lost soul in the modern world, seeking answers to the origins and meaning of life while questioning the existence of faith. Through Malick's signature imagery, we see how both brute nature and spiritual grace shape not only our lives as individuals and families, but all life."


Starring: Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain, Hunter McCracken, Sean Penn


5 comments:

  1. Amazing! I didn't ever know there was to be a Terrence Malick film, this has made me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I wanted to thank you for mentioning my website and in a previous post! Also, I provided many of the pieces worn by the women in The Tree of LIfe, so I'm excited to see them on the screen - it should be a beautiful film! Thanks Again!
    Lisa
    Dress Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a poor production. However, everyone's so excited about it because the movie critics say it's good. The end of the cinema is upon us.
    Anyway, I love your blog. :)
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous
    Not sure if I'd go so far to say the end of cinema is here although I do find it harder all the time to find quality films to watch!
    I'm actually hoping to go see Tree of Life this weekend so I hope I'm not disappointed.
    Thanks! Glad you like the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous
    Glad I went in with mixed expectations and I came out with mixed reviews! Parts of it I found enjoyable and inspiring to watch but I found overall that the movie lacked enough structure and plot development to hold it together.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts