LIttle Women (1994)

Little Women is a 1994 American drama film directed by Gillian Armstrong, with screenplay by Robin Swicord. The film focuses on the March sisters - prim Meg (Trini Alvarado), tempestuous Jo (Winona Ryder), shy Beth (Claire Danes), and self-absorbed Amy (Kirsten Dunst) - growing up in Concord, Massachusetts with their mother (Susan Sarandon) during and after the American Civil War.
[Set in 1860's] Wikipedia, IMDb

~ Based on Louisa May Alcott's novel ~


Cast:
Winona Ryder as Josephine "Jo" March
Trini Alvarado as Margaret "Meg" March
Claire Danes as Elizabeth "Beth" March

Susan Sarandon as Abigail "Marmee" March
Kirsten Dunst as Younger Amy
Samantha Mathis as Amy March

Eric Stoltz as John Brooke
Gabriel Byrne as Friedrich Bhaer
Christian Bale as Theodore "Laurie" Laurence



Trailer:



















































4 comments:

  1. I adore this film! My mom and sister and I watched this just the other evening. I always add Little Women to my Christmas movie list, because even though it isn't strictly about Christmas the do celebrate Christmas twice in the film, and it's such a heartwarming family story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post! I wanted to write about it on my blog for a long time ;) "great minds think alike"
    I really love this film. It's so good for the mood =)
    Amazing actresses, and a beautiful soundtrack. Good feelings, family values, great stories.
    Perfect for your christmas evening =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice that Amy was played by an age-appropriate actress, the (very) young Kirsten Dunst. And the March's house is a nearly-exact replica of the Alcotts' "Orchard House" in Concord - I just about lost it when I first saw this movie, as I'd visited Orchard House and knew how very, very protective its docents were - couldn't imagine how the producers had gotten permission to film there! Of course, when the movie played on and the dining room and front entry hall were merged into one, I knew my assumption was inaccurate...still, very, very nice to see such care taken with the set.

    Susan in Ky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that "March family's house" in my above post. Ugh, I do know how to punctuate and indicate possessives...

    Susan in Ky

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts