It's All Relative - Colin & Jonathan Firth

I've been remiss in adding these brothers to the gallery of "It's All Relative". Colin Firth is the definitive period drama gent and his brother Jonathan has also appeared in a number of period dramas! Here are some of the costume dramas in which the Firth brothers have appeared...

Some of Colin's period films...(See longer list here)

Pride & Prejudice, Importance of Being Earnest, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Easy Virtue

Month in the Country, 'Shakespeare' in Blackadder, Shakespeare in Love, Circle of Friends


Jonathan's period films...

Victoria & Albert, Pompeii, Romeo & Juliet, Middlemarch, Luther

Jonathan Firth's period dramas: Victoria & Albert, Middlemarch, Albert Schweitzer, An Ideal Husband, Pompeii: The Last Day, Luther, Inspector Lynley, Far From the Madding Crowd, Agatha's Christie Poirot, Covington Cross, Wuthering Heights, The Black Velvet Gown, and Romeo and Juliet (I didn't realize that he was Romeo to Geraldine Somerville's Juliet)

> more actors in IT'S ALL RELATIVE

5 comments:

  1. I love these two brothers! Unfortunately I don't think they've appeared in anything together before. I certainly wish they would but the handsome factor might be overpowering to see them both on screen at the same time! :)
    Sometimes I prefer Jonathan. I loved him in Victoria & Albert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WOULD be nice to see them together in a film! Hopefully one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just watching Jonathan in one of the sequels to the Prince and Me. I loved him in Victoria & Albert as well. And I agree with both of you that it would be lovely to see the two of them in something perhaps by Trollope?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! I knew C's brother was in acting, but I didn't know so prominently! I don't think I've seen any of these except 'Luther', and I think I was too entranced by the Fiennes to notice the Firth. :P I'm excited now to watch Jonathan and know who he is. I'll try not to compare: siblings hate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be nice seeing them together at awards etc. Never could I find a picture of them together. You?
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts