True Grit (2010)

Here's an upcoming western flick, (a remake of John Wayne's 1969 film) produced by the Cohen Brothers (No Country for Old Men, Fargo) due out December 22, 2010.

Synopsis: (Fourteen-year-old Mattie Ross's (Hailee Steinfeld) father has been shot in cold blood by the coward Tom Chaney (Josh Brolin), and she is determined to bring him to justice. Enlisting the help of a trigger-happy, drunken U.S. Marshal, Rooster Cogburn (Jeff Bridges), she sets out with him -- over his objections -- to hunt down Chaney. Her father's blood demands that she pursue the criminal into Indian territory and find him before a Texas Ranger named LeBoeuf (Matt Damon) catches him and brings him back to Texas for the murder of another man.

Listen to music score
Images from film

Jeff Bridges, Hailee Steinfield, Josh Brolin, Matt Damon

Trailer

5 comments:

  1. This looks very well done and had I not seen the original, I would be even more impressed. But can anyone really improve on John Wayne or even the impressive acting of Kim Darby?
    Added to that we had Glen Campbell as eye candy and the singer of the theme song-- simple facts which made this film truly memorable.
    While this new cast looks good and the scenes looks very good too, the best I think they can manage is a pale imitation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, they sold me. I'm going to see it opening weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phylly, it only dawned on me yesterday that this was a remake. I had heard of this a few months back and then recognized the title as being one of John Wayne's films. I've not seen the original.

    Tom, let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this film has been adapted directly from the original source material, a novel by Charles Portis, rather than from the John Wayne film, so it can't really be considered a "remake" of that film at all.

    This version looks to take a slightly darker tone than the previoius one; I think it will be very different.

    I've been so excited for this movie ever since the trailer came out. This and Jane Eyre are the adaptations I'm most anticipating for this winter/spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found the link for more on the film including a preview of the film's soundtrack
    http://www.paramountguilds.com/#/true-grit/score

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts