PBS Masterpiece: Downton Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs

PBS Masterpiece
unofficial update so far:

DOWNTON ABBEY set to premiere on PBS, Sunday, January 9, 2011.
(4 x 90 minute episodes)
airing over 4 consecutive Sundays

UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS remake will air sometime in April, 2011
(3 x 60 minute episodes)

DVD for Downton Abbey will be made available
January 25th, 2011 in U.S.A.
Good news - DVD will be "the original and unedited UK version"

And kind regards to the delightful and talented Hugh Bonneville
who is celebrating his birthday today!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Masterpiece Classic update! I am really looking forward to both of these series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news - thank you for this update... now i won't have to purchase the region 2 version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO looking forward to both of these series . . . but now I'm curious, is the American version somehow different than the UK version? Now it makes me wonder if all my other US versions of BBC videos are different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, some people who've seen the British versions have noticed that DVD's often get edited when released in North America. I don't think that it happens to all but it does occur quite often. So I was happy to read on PBS's website that they won't be chopping any scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a good period drama and Downton Abbey is the best British offering in recent years - it had me glued the entire series!! I hope you all enjoy as much as we did here where it was made! :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jem, I loved it too! Best period drama that I've seen in a while. Loved seeing Hugh Bonneville in such a central role!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts