Alan Rickman & Emma Thompson in 'Song of Lunch'

Alan Rickman & Emma Thompson (both in Sense & Sensibility) collaborate in this 50 minute drama for BBC2.

The Song of Lunch
is a dramatisation of Christopher Reid's narrative poem, telling the story of a book editor who, 15 years after their break-up, meets his former love for a nostalgic lunch at the Soho restaurant they used to frequent. As the wine flows, the couple rake over their failed relationship.

Here's part 1 of 4, the rest can be found here



[photo from BBC]

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me. I need to check when it's re-run so I can record it. Have a friend in Sweden who is a massive Alan Rickman fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp!* I love, love, love Alan Rickman! It doesn't hurt that everytime he and the incredible Emma Thompson work together, magic happens. *^_^* Thanks for sharing! Your blog is my absolute go-to for all things period and British cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that there were plenty of AR fans!

    Thanks Renee! There's too many interesting things to post about :)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts