Jane Eyre - Irish stage production


Just heard that Andrea Corr (singer with The Corrs) and Stephen Brennan (John Seymour in The Tudors) will be performing at the Gate Theatre in Dublin beginning Nov. 4, 2010. [source] Wouldn't be a bad excuse to visit Ireland, would it? My first thought was that it was a musical but I believe it's just a straight play of the Bronte classic. I couldn't help but imagine Andrea's lovely voice performing Jane Eyre the Musical!

It would be interesting to see how Andrea's Jane matches up with Stephen's Rochester!

Listen to samples from Jane Eyre the Musical!



4 comments:

  1. Ooh, interesting. Thanks for posting!

    ...Maybe it's time to pay Dublin another visit... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you if you're able to go! I would love to visit Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very good. I love a good musical! But for some reason when I go to the link you provided, I can't hear any of the audio recordings. Maybe it's my computer, but I was so disappointed. I will have to check this out again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phylly, someone took the music from the Paul Gordon musical and added it to video from the film with Toby & Ruth. You have to crank up the volume though since it's low.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxkSZKWolsU

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts