The Dreamer of Oz - on Youtube


Just discovered that this can currently be found on Youtube...


The Dreamer of Oz: The L. Frank Baum Story is a film that stars John Ritter as Baum, the man who wrote The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and eighteen of the other Oz books. Also starring Annette O'Toole as Baum's wife Maud, and Rue McClanahan as his mother-in-law.


The film depicts how L. Frank Baum came to create one of the best loved stories of all time, while undergoing professional and personal failures.


-> Playlist on Youtube

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I remember when they aired this on television! This is what made me want to read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. When I went to my elementary school library (as a fifth grader), they told me that it might be too much for me. I didn't care, and they brought it over from the high school! I've loved it ever since! Thank you for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, that's cool that the tv movie inspired you to read the book! Frank Baum certainly knows how to spin a tale considering how his characters are so etched in our minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. His imagery is vivid, to be sure! After reading it, I felt a little gypped by the film we all grew up knowing and loving. :/ Even now, scene from the book will randomly pop into my head. This is the sort of story that stays with us forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I started watching it and now I have to watch the rest!
    I haven't read his books yet, but my son read most of the series probably when he was in grade five (like Renee).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phylly, the film can be a bit cheesy in parts but I loved it! Hope you enjoy its sentimentality :)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts