Upstairs, Downstairs - Casting News!

Not only will Keeley Hawes be starring in the new BBC update of Upstairs, Downstairs but we'll also see Claire Foy take on the role of her sister! I'm elated to hear this casting news about two of my favourite actresses! (Upstairs Downstairs will air in the U.S. in 2011 as part of Masterpiece's 40th anniversary season on PBS.) Check out the rest of the cast...

Keeley Hawes (Lady Agnes, lady of the house)
Ed Stoppard (Sir Hallam, master of the house)
Adrian Scarborough (butler)
Claire Foy ("temptress", sister of Lady Agnes)
Anne Reid (cook)
Ellie Kendrick (maid)
Nico Mirallegro (footman)
Jean Marsh , show creator (housekeeper)

4 comments:

  1. This is indeed exciting news! I loved the original and will look forward to seeing this when it airs on Masterpeice Theatre. Thank you so much for all your work in getting the scoop on all these great films - I always learn something great from your site. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jemaa,
    You're lucky to have viewed the original series since I've heard of it but not watched it myself. As for the 'scoop', you're welcome! I get excited about projects that I hear about and eager to share news with other period drama fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, Ed Stoppard, that is Tom Stoppard's (writer of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Arcadia and tons of other plays)son! I'd recognize that bone structure anywhere.
    I saw the first two seasons of the original, it was pretty good. Are they updating it or just remaking it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackbird Crafts,
    they're not remaking it but going forward in time so that Jean Marsh's character is now the housekeeper.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts