Aisha - movie stills

Sonam Kapoor - L'oreal Ad

The official site for the upcoming Aisha has released more images presumably from the film set. I'm still not sure when the film will be released in North America since from what I've read, I assume the August 6th launch date refers only to India.
I already knew that Sonam Kapoor (Aisha) was the daughter of actor Anil Kapoor but I also just discovered that she has previously acted with Abhishek Bachchan, who co-starred with her father in Om Jai Jagadish. Anil was Om and Abhishek was his younger brother Jagadish. This is one of my fave Bollywood films, one I much preferred to Bride & Prejudice incidentally.
Sonam Kapoor & Abhishek Bachchan


Images from Aisha's movie set...











9 comments:

  1. Hey Charlie!
    Bride and Prejudice is incidentally not a Bollywood film, as it wasn't produced by a Bollywood film studio.I know a lot of people think it is, but it really isn't. Aisha is a Bollywood film though, and will be in Hindi. Do not fear,there will be subtitles!
    And the Aug 6 date most probably refers to India or Sri Lanka. However, I've noticed that Indian movies come to Canada pretty quickly, so if the movie does well in India, it will come to theatres over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shining as Stars!
    Yes, I did know that B&P wasn't Bollywood-made which in my opinion is the reason why I didn't like it as much. It just missed the mark. I have my reservations about Aisha but will wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I really hope that Aisha doesn't miss the mark like B&P! That would be awful, especially as I like the two leads. Then again, Emma has always been diificult to pull off cinematically.
    Blessings,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. CB, have you seen "Jodhaa Akbar" yet? It's the first Bollywood PERIOD FILM I've seen with great costumes and a wonderful love story. I heard about it on C19, had to check it out and loved it!
    http://www.jodhaaakbar.com/

    I will want to see "Aisha" too. Thanks for the info & pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks more like a Bollywood "Clueless" than Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nat at RA Fanblog,
    I haven't seen Jodhaa Akbar yet - it's another on my list TBW!

    @Nat,
    You're right. I do believe that it will be in the same vein as Clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aisha Story is from the famous British novel ‘Emma’ written by Jane Austen.
    I think this will be romantic comedy.
    Sonam is looking Kewl.
    Waiting to see this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aisha was terrible. The best Indian adaptation of Austen is Kandukondain Kandukondain which is based on Sense and Sensibility.

    It has a tight script, wonderful performances and music by AR Rahman of Slumdog fame.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts