The Woman He Loved


Anthony Andrews
and Jane Seymour reunited in 1988 to take on role of Duke and Duchess of Windsor (after starring together in Scarlet Pimpernel in 1982).

"The inside story of the most controversial love affair of the century ... the enchanted royal romance between American divorcee, Wallis Simpson and King Edward VIII. Jane Seymour stars as Mrs Simpson, the woman who won the heart of a King, the woman who England would never accept as their Queen. Anthony Andrews is the Monarch who would dare to put love before duty, the lonely King forced to abdicate the throne for ... The Woman He Loved."


Cast:
Anthony Andrews .... Prince of Wales
Jane Seymour .... Wallis Simpson
Olivia de Havilland .... Aunt Bessie
Tom Wilkinson .... Ernest Simpson
Julie Harris .... Alice
Robert Hardy .... Winston Churchill

I didn't know about this film until I noticed it on Youtube


7 comments:

  1. This sounds so interesting! I loved these two actors in The Scarlet Pimpernel and this looks like a great film too! Thanks for posting about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this twice. It's a really good. Jane and Anthony are wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have it in VHS, apparently it has never been released in DVD, which is a pity.
    Anthony Andrews is simply superb in the role. Jane Seymour is as very underrated actress, which is shown in this film. They are wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I remember seeing this on television waaay back when. I would have watched it with my mother, whom I know read the book (with the same title).
    I remember thinking how Anthony Andrew was able to look so much like Prince Edward, but of course Jane Seymour was so much better looking than Wallis Warfield Simpson!
    I would be great to see this again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not a comment on this post but a thank you for your Blog "Love, Laughter & Lollipops" (where I could not find a comment section)
    I enjoyed the Blog very much and intend to come back. Thank you
    Ida

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those of you who would like to see it and don't mind watching it on Youtube, the link is above.

    @Ida, thanks! Glad you like the Lollipops blog. I like to collect my fave things there!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts