This and That - April 26, 2010

I've got a few things that I'd like to post but having trouble lately keeping up lately! I was thrilled with getting feedback when I asked for your opinion on which movies to watch. Hearing firsthand accounts helps to narrow things down and now the trick will be to find the time to watch the dramas that others have raved about!
For anyone interested in the results, I tallied them into a spreadsheet and I think Peri will be very proud of me. She kept hounding me to do one. Although, she wanted me to track which movies my friends have watched so I wouldn't keep asking the same questions! :) Oh well, I say a spreadsheet has been done and that's a start! (I checked off 'recommendation' for every positive comment and 'strike' for every negative comment.) I listed the top 25. (Keep in mind this is just a random list of movies that I've been curious about. I also forgot to list Grey Gardens, Last Station and others which I haven't seen but know I would like to one day.)

One of the things I love about blogging is that I've had the chance to meet wonderful people from all around the world! I would love to be able to take the time and visit everyone's blogs and keep up with all your posts as well but that just isn't feasible. I just want you to know that if I don't visit your blogs, it's not that I don't wish to do so but that I haven't the time!

One blogger who I've chatted with lately was gracious enough to invite me to her blog at Fly High to talk about how I started Enchanted Serenity and to talk about my love for period films. I had a lot of fun doing the interview and loved Maria's questions! And now in my mind, I have visited Italy, as I imagined us chatting in person! And be sure to check out Maria's blog if you haven't already for she has great posts and does a great job of reviewing books and films!
If you like, you can read my interview at Fly High.

One of the things I discovered at Fly High, was a Period Drama Cravats Quiz... 20 Cravats to be identified... how many can you recognize?
Try the quiz here.


I've found Twitter to be a good place to find out what's going on... @austenprose and @janeaustenworld often have the latest news to share such as...

A new interview with Colin Firth regarding the upcoming film The King's Speech

An upcoming comedy series Sex & The Austen Girl, written by Laurie Viera Rigler will be airing soon on Babelgum.com. Rigler is the author of Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict and Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict and you can read more about it at Janeaustenaddict.com

An online novel of Mrs Darcy vs the Aliens can be read at Jonathan Pinnock's blog. There are currently 37 chapters to what he calls a "slightly demented sequel to Pride and Prejudice" and you can view a trailer on Youtube or read it on his blog.

4 comments:

  1. Good list of movies--you'll be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, The Illusionist was an amazing film that should have been a blockbuster. Tristam and Isolde was a huge disappointment (perhaps I expected too much?) I have not seen half these films! Looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched "The Reckoning" and I think you might enjoy it.
    Matthew Macfadyen is the reason I decided to seek it out - he has a supporting role.
    Almost didn't bother watching because it was due back at the library and it was already 10pm - So glad I watched it! Paul Bettany & Willem Dafoe star. Add it to your list of must-see

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane,
    yes this list will keep me busy! I haven't been able to chip away at very many (just like a TBR pile that haunts!)

    Vic,
    glad to hear that The Illusionist is worthwhile. I watched Prestige and loved it but found that I wasn't as hooked by Illusionist - perhaps now I'll give it another chance to impress me!

    tyme 4 t,
    Thanks, I'll keep that one in mind. Macfadyen is always an incentive!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts