I Spy ...Black and White


A collection of things that caught my eye while surfing the net.
I love all sorts of colours but have a particular affection for the contrast found with things black and white!

1- Dress found at The Anne Boleyn Files
2-Two French white mull dresses circa 1810 found at Metropolitan Museum of Art














Historical clothing found at Recollections ,thanks to Carollynn!














L - Shoes spotted at Gail Carriger's blog.
R - Dress your own Victorian dress-up doll here














L-R: Ralph Lauren, ?, adorable Evangeline Lilly














Paintings by Nancy Noel (Spotted one afternoon in a delightful teahouse)














Disney Wedding Gowns


























1- Love this lace, would like to know more about it...
2 - I keep seeing images of the Eiffel tower lately, would love to go!












The lovely Carey Mulligan in 2 recent photos...













Gerard and George....'nuf said














Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to retire. I just have to decide which bed...
Left - Bouvier by Thomasville
Right - Rococo bedroom set pointed out by Georgiana Gossip













Don't forget to turn out the light!








I dedicate this post to Lisa who never fails to roll her eyes when I mention black & white.

5 comments:

  1. A dedication!!!! I've never had anything dedicated to me! I love it!!!
    beautiful dresses! i want the Disney wedding dresses! And i love the RL dress!!!
    Good job!!!
    *first time i didn't roll my eyes!!!*

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of My Fair Lady on Ascot opening day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lace shows Joséphine who was crowned empress by Napoléon. It uses the painting Le Sacre de Napoléon by Jacques-Louis David as a model.
    But where did you find the picture ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julitte,
    Thanks for that information! A friend and I were emailing various photos to each other of our fave pics of lace last year but I can't recall where I found this one! Would you know?

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts