Corin Redgrave (16 July 1939 – 6 April 2010)

I was so sad to hear of the passing of British actor Corin Redgrave today.

Corin is the brother of Vanessa and Lynn Redgrave.

I loved his portrayal of Jolyon Forstye in The Forsyte Saga, as well as his quirky performance as Sir Walter Elliot in Persuasion. He also played Arthur Huntingdon in 'The Tenant of Wildfell Hall' (1969), the same role reprised by Rupert Graves in 1996. Coincidentally, Rupert played his son Jolyon in Forsyte Saga.

As Sir Walter Elliot in Persuasion (1995)

Other period films that he's done include: Enigma, Bertie and Elizabeth, A Man for all Seasons, David Copperfield, Excalibur, England, My England, The Woman in White, Shackleton, Foyle's War, The Girl in the Cafe and The Turn of the Screw.

photo credit: Guardian has Life in Pictures of Corin

pictures from funeral found thru Vic at Jane Austen's World


Rest in peace


6 comments:

  1. Bonjour à vous!!
    C'est tellement triste, vraiment.
    It’s so sad ; I loved so much his character in Forsyte saga, so charming and nice. An incredible talent and a remarkable personality just like all the Redgrave Family. Hélène Flont.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad! I know he'd been sick for a long time. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I didn't know his name or that he was one of the Redgraves! I always knew the sisters. Did he do much acting as a young man?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought he was superb in the Forsyte Saga! He will be sadly missed :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. phylly, IMDb lists his earliest films when he was in his 20's and he's done 70 of them. I believe he did a lot of stage work as well.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts