Can you Place the Face? (Part 1)

I came across this photograph of this lovely actress and wondered who she was,
only to discover that she was one of my favourite characters
in one of my all-time favourite period dramas! I didn't recognize her which led me
on a scavenger hunt of other images of favourite actors in their early years.

Can you recognize them? Can you place the face?

The first 4 actors pictured can all be seen in the same mini-series
based on the unfinished work of British author "EG".
I'll give you their initials...

Clues:
In the mini-series MG and PW were married to each other,
FA played the 'evil stepmother'
and BLH was the 'Lady of the Towers' with a humorous lisp...

MG & FA can also be seen acting in another acclaimed series
based on another novel by the same authoress EG.

MG


PW


FA


BLH


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


The next 3 actors all acted together in a mini-series.

Clues:
The series was based on a novel by American author "EW".
(It's one of the pics shown in my header.)
MK and CL's characters were romantically linked
and RL was the matriarch of an aristocratic family in the series.

These 3 actors also share a connection with actor Nicholas Farrell (shown):
MK acted with Farrell in Foyle's War
CL acted with Farrell in Casualty 1906, 1907 and 1909
RL acted with Farrell in Jewel of the Crown


MK


CL


RL


6 comments:

  1. The first one is Michael Gambon, Penelope Wilton and Francesca Annis in Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters - however, I can't remember who the fourth person in the series was! A wonderful adaptation, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I can, it was Barbara Leigh-Hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MK is Michael Kitchens. Love Foyle's War!!

    BTW - Love your blog, too! I've been reading for a while, but, obviously, never commented before. Thanks for all the hard work you put into it. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, without looking at other comments or reading your clues I know who the first four are: Michael Gambon, Penelope Wilton (?), Francesca Annis and Barbara Leigh-Hunt who were all in Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives & Daughters together. I recognize MG because I really enjoyed watching the interview about his career that is featured on the Emma 2009 DVD.
    Of the second set of actors I only recognize Michael Kitchen. And unfortunately as much as I love Nicholas Farrell I haven't seen him in any of the things you listed. Not sure who the last two actresses are. This was a lot of fun, I love quizzes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen TB by EW before so that's why I don't know the last two ladies. I think I have seen RL in something before her name sounds so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done ladies! I posted the answers with link above. Forgot to reply here...

    Blarney Girl,
    thank you so much! Glad that others are as interested in these movies as I am! :)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts