Fashion of My Fair Lady

The 1964 film starring Audrey Hepburn is considered a classic and the costumes are certainly eye-catching! Cecil Beaton was awarded an Oscar for Best Costume Design. Here are some images of fashion from a film when fashion was done with style!

On left, is part of a picspam that I love that was created on livejournal by "fairchilds" as part of her list of Top 8 Period Films. Visit livejournal to see it in closer detail as well as other films chosen for her list!

And below... some frocks (and hats, can't forget the hats!) that I like to fawn over :)







4 comments:

  1. I love the outfit she wore to the Ascot! It's my favorite! I love Audrey, she has such a beautiful and natural style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's a coincidence I am working on a post on Peddler/Pedlar dolls, and had a hard time looking for a picture of Eliza Doolittle as a flower vendor. I did find two but not that great...I love your period pictures. I often include scenes from period movies on my posts so its an inspiration to visit your blog.
    Hugs
    Marta
    http://dollsfromtheattic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved every outfit Audrey wore in MFL, even the scruffy ones :)

    What a gorgeous collection of images.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meredith, I love the Ascot outfit as well!!

    Marta, that's funny that you were doing a post on peddlars. I liked your photos!

    Jane, I loved finding these images since I hadn't seen some of the gorgeous outfits before! It's time for me to rewatch the film!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts