Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - The Musical







Based on the book by Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond, written for his son, the much loved 1968 film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang staring Dick Van Dyke and Sally Ann Howes was part of everyone’s childhood. A sensational score by the renowned Sherman Brothers included such unforgettable songs as Truly Scrumptious, Toot Sweets, Hushabye Mountain, and, of course, its Oscar-nominated title song Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The fantastic adventures of this out-of-the-ordinary car that flies through the air and sails the seas, are reaching a new generation through an enthralling and enchanting stage musical which burst onto the world famous London Palladium stage in 2002. (-John Peter, Sunday Times)


Official website for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - The Musical

The show broke theatre records by becoming the longest running musical ever (1414 performances) at the London Palladium.


The Chitty stage car holds the Guinness World Record for being the most expensive prop in the history of British Theatre. (£750,000)


The musical currently playing at Palace Theatre, Manchester from 27th April - 15th May.
See also other venues in Britain

>website for C.C.B.B. - book, movie and musical




4 comments:

  1. The previews look great! I'd love to see this! Although I didn't think the Child Catcher looked as scary as he was in the original film. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend just saw Mary Poppins on Broadway and this is another one that I'd like to see if I had the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, one of my friends just saw Mary Poppins on Broadway too! My friend said the sets were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks great! I missed the traveling show when the came to my city. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts