Annie Leibovitz - Marie Antoinette photos

Here are more photos from my favourite photographer of late. Leibovitz took pics of Kirsten Dunst posing as Marie Antoinette for the September 2006 issue of Vogue. Personally, although I was disappointed in the film, the fashion of 18th century Versailles still appealed to my 'costume' drama fascination!

The only photo below that I don't like is the large garbage bag? that Kirsten is wearing (in fact it's a John Galiano dress made of black aluminum foil...what do I know of fashion?)

This Vogue shoot was the first authorized by the Ch√Ęteau de Versailles in 25 years.

>>More on the movie of Marie Antoinette
>>Behind the scenes video of the magazine shoot
>>More photos by ANNIE LEIBOVITZ


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these. Will certainly prove useful when researching C.18th costume in film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nikkijw,
    Glad you like the pics. The dresses from that century are some of my favourite ones. I'm sure you'll have fun researching them!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts