Alice in Wonderland - the music


Music from the film: Besides the score by Danny Elfman, there will be another soundtrack for Disney's Tim Burton film of Alice in Wonderland called 'Almost Alice', a 16-strong song compilation inspired by the movie’s quirky characters.

The album’s title, “Almost Alice,” comes from a line in the film. All of Underland has been awaiting Alice’s return since she first visited as a child, but when she does come back, nobody—including Alice—believes she’s the right Alice, the confident and feisty Alice they once knew. Eventually, the wise caterpillar tells her she’s Almost Alice.

>>Preview snippets of song at Disney
>>Listen to some full songs from "Almost Alice" on Youtube

1. “Alice (Underground)” by Avril Lavigne
2. “The Poison Performed” by The All-American Rejects
3. “The Technicolor Phase” by Owl City
4. “Her Name is Alice” by Shinedown
5. “Painting Flowers” by All Time Low
6. “Where’s My Angel?” by Metro Station
7. “Strange” by Tokio Hotel and Kerli
8. “Follow Me Down” by 3OH!3 featuring Neon Hitch
9. “Very Good Advice” by Robert Smith
10. “In Transit” by Mark Hoppus with Pete Wentz
11. “Welcome to Mystery” by Plain White T’s
12. “Tea Party” by Kerli
13. “The Lobster Quadrille” by Franz Ferdinand
14. “Running Out of Time” by Motion City Soundtrack
15. “Fell Down a Hole” by Wolfmother
16. “White Rabbit” by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals


Avril Lavigne talks about writing her song "Alice":
“It all started off with me designing an Abbey Dawn/Alice In Wonderland collaboration for my fashion line at Kohls. I was working at the Disney offices going though graphic images from the movie for my designs and getting up to speed on the movie project. I was really inspired and excited about the film at that moment, so I asked Disney if they would like me to write the theme song for the film. They went back to Tim and he said yeah give it a go. I was so excited when I got the news! I sat down on my piano immediately and wrote the song.”


(Listen to song)




There's also a new musical called Wonderland, set in present-day Manhattan. It tells the story of author Alice Cornwinkle (a descendent of Lewis Carroll’s muse Alice Liddell), who is struggling with her career and her daughter, Chloe.
(music by Frank Wildhorn, lyrics by Jack Murphy, directed by Gregory Boyd)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts