Temple Grandin (2010)

Although not a period film, this HBO drama caught my eye since I became aware of Temple Grandin during an autistic workshop. She's the first autistic person to write a book about autism itself and has received acclaim for her advocacy for autism and her work in the field of agriculture.

Set to air on HBO starting February 6, 2010.

This drama stars Claire Danes who mentioned that her performance may have been helped by husband Hugh Dancy (who was a character with Asperger syndrome in 'Adam').

“Well, my husband played an autistic person six months before I did this, in Adam. So that was curious. But Temple is no ordinary autistic person. She’s a superstar, and she’s a pioneer, and the first person to write about it as somebody who has it. And that was radical. That was, kind of by definition, impossible, because they weren’t able to communicate with others. She managed to do that so well, and with such clarity. I think that’s what defines [the movie] for me.”

Also starring: Julia Ormond, Catherine O'Hara, David Strathairn
HBO
Wikipedia article
IMDb


2 comments:

  1. Hugh Dancy was portraying a person with Asperger's Syndrome, I believe, in Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, if that's the case, the article I read got it wrong. Still waiting to see Adam!! Thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts