Emma (2009) - extra features on PBS

I love how PBS presents extra goodies with Masterpiece presentations such as the following...

Behind the Scenes Videos

Q&A with Sandy Welch
Sandy Welch (the screenwriter who brought us Jane Eyre and Our Mutual Friend) takes time to answer questions about adapting Jane Austen's 'Emma' !

Romola Garia Audio Slideshow
Romola discusses her fellow actors from Emma

Reading, Writing and Emma
(a look at readers and authors in the Regency period)

Bachelors of Highbury Quiz
take a compatibility quiz

[Oh dear, I got Mr. Henry Woodhouse for the quiz. As much as I adore Michael Gambon, not sure I want this to describe me..."You'll always feel appreciated with this doting daddy figure by your side. As long as you keep your windows closed, your hours early, and your pharmacy on speed dial, you can expect no shortage of domestic bliss."]

[Emma airs on PBS starting January 24th!]

>>>MORE INFORMATION FOR EMMA...










4 comments:

  1. I love this version of Emma! Sandy Welch is awsome! I got Mr. Knightley on the quiz! I'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely. thank you for the links. i'm amused how, at least right now, 0% of the people who have taken that quiz have gotten mr. elton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It told me that I was pretty well tied with two matches and had to give me a tie breaker question, then I was matched with Mr. Knightley! Yay!
    I wouldn't mind being matched with Mr. Martin though, his write-up is nice: "You're looking for a faithful partner and friend who won't let you down and who will build a solid future with you. You've found him in Mr. Martin." Just thought that was so sweet!
    This is such a visually stunning film, the colors are amazing! I can't wait for it to be broadcast on PBS even though I've already seen it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this version! Perfect casting.

    http://muse-in-the-fog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts