Dances in Period Films - video








Here's a wonderful video showcasing the
dances of various period dramas. I especially liked seeing Matthew Macfadyen as 'proud Darcy' followed immediately by the clip of the mischievous Sir Felix Carbury. At times, I find these dance rituals of the past to be comical but mostly beautiful and fascinating to watch.

Thanks to gsbohn for creating this montage featuring the following films:

Pride and Prejudice (1995, 2005)
Sense and Sensibility (1995, 2008)
Mansfield Park (1999, 2007)
Persuasion (2007)
The Way We Live Now
Lorna Doone
Daniel Deronda
Casanova
Northanger Abbey


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this video! I am frankly fascinated by English Country Dance and also lovely waltzes. They can be at times elegant and at others just plain fun! I've even gone so far as working out the movements in some of my favorite dances from Jane Austen adaptations. Did you know that in Regency and Victorian times children were taught these dances in school? I just found that so interesting that most everyone at the time would know how to execute these dances - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I've often been amazed at how people seem to remember all the various steps. The dances are often one of the highlight scenes!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts