Carey Mulligan



Carey Mulligan took her first step toward a career in acting by writing to actor Julian Fellowes (the Oscar-winning screenwriter of "Gosford Park") who had spoken at her school. One thing led to another and she got cast as Kitty Bennet in 2005's 'Pride & Prejudice.'"

She's definitely received notice for her role as Jenny in 'An Education'. I found it a bit odd how the press was referring to her as a 'new' actress when we've already enjoyed many of her earlier performances !

Born in Westminster, England in 1985, Carey knew from a young age that she wanted to act. I'm pleased that it's worked out for her so that we get to appreciate her performances! She's the latest entry in my Hall of Fame!

>>article in the Telegraph
>>video interview for An Education
>>video interview regarding nomination for Golden Globes






Pride and Prejudice (1995)


My Boy Jack

Bleak House

And When Did You Last See Your Father?



Just found out that Tom Wilkinson turned down the part of Jenny's father in 'An Education'
which went to Alfred Molina. I would have loved to see Wilkinson in that role
but he will be working alongside Carey in the upcoming This Beautiful Fantastic.


2 comments:

  1. actually, the pride and prejudice you cited here was 2005, not 1995 :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for correcting my oversight! I think Carey would have been a little too young to play the role in 1995 :)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts