Annie Liebovitz - Wizard of Oz

Photographer Annie Leibovitz
Series of photographs for Vogue magazine
December 2005
~
"The Wizard of Oz"
~
Keira Knightley as Dorothy


It's a Twister
(with Actress Alba Clemente as Auntie Em and her husband,
Painter Francesco Clemente, as Uncle Henry)

Munchkinland
(with Artist Kara Walker as Glinda the Good Witch
& the Penn State Marching Band)


If I Only Had a Brain
(with Painter Brice Marden as the Scarecrow)


Oil Me, Please
(with Painter John Currin as the Tin Man)

Oh, My!
(with Sculptor Jasper Johns as the Cowardly Lion)


Emerald City
(The Lion, Dorothy, The Tin Man, and The Scarecrow)

The Wonderful Things He Does
(with Painter and Photographer Chuck Close as the Wizard)


I'll Get You My Pretty
(with Artist Jeff Koons as the Winged Monkey)


Ding Dong!
(with Artist Kiki Smith as The Wicked Witch of the West)

Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops
(Dorothy, Auntie Em, Uncle Henry)


>>More photos by Annie Leibovitz






6 comments:

  1. wizard of OZ OMG cant wait to see this movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeRose, sorry to tell you but there isn't going to be a movie. These were pictures taken 4 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariana, I love the Wizard of Oz so I love any spin on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, but as they are by Annie Liebovitz, how can they not be. My favorite spread of hers was in Vanity Fair of the Harry Potter cast. Amazing! I've got to dig that out again. I'm so glad I never threw it out!

    BTW: I've heard that she is now in some serious legal entanglement over her photographs - something about selling the rights for life or something. I sure hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that she did photos for HP. Yes, I heard about financial problems - hard to imagine how she'd end up in debt with all her acclaim.

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts