Golden Globe Nominations 2009

Some surprises among this year's nominees but here are some period dramas and actors that are being recognized!
The complete list of nominations can be found at Golden Globes site

Best Actress in a Drama
Emily Blunt - The Young Victoria
Sandra Bullock - The Blind Side *won
Helen Mirren - The Last Station
Carey Mulligan - An Education
Gabourey Sidibe - Precious

Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical
Robert Downey Jr - Sherlock Holmes *won

Best Foreign Language Film
The White Ribbon (Germany) *won

Best Supporting Actor
Christopher Plummer - The Last Station

Best Mini-Series or Movie Made for TV
Georgia O'Keefe
Grey Gardens *won
Into the Storm
Little Dorrit
Taking Chance

Best Actress in Mini-Series or Movie Made for TV
Joan Allen - Georgia O'Keeffe
Drew Barrymore - Grey Gardens *won
Jessica Lange - Grey Gardens
Anna Paquin - The Courageous Heart of Irene Sendler
Sigourney Weaver - Prayers for Bobby

Best Actor in Mini-Series or Movie Made for TV
Kevin Bacon - Taking Chance *won
Kenneth Branagh - Wallander
Chiwetel Ejiofor - Endgame
Brenda Gleeson - Into the Storm
Jeremy Irons - Georgia O'Keeffe

Best Supporting Actress in Series, Mini-Series or Movie Made for TV
Jane Lynch - Glee
Janet McTeer - Into the Storm

As much as I'd like to see 'Into the Storm', I would have to cast my vote in this category
for Jane Lynch who has helped to make 'Glee' my new favourite television show.

Julie & Julia
Best Comedy or Musical
Best Actress - Meryl Streep *won
(I think Amy Adams and Stanley Tucci should have received notice for their performances)

Best Director: Clint Eastwood
Best Actor - Morgan Freeman
Supporting Actor - Matt Damon


  1. Wow, of the nominees, I've only seen Julie & Julia, not that I don't want to see the rest, but living in the sticks has its drawbacks.

    My kids love Glee, and talk about it so much that I feel I am a fan too. It sounds like Jane Lynch steals whatever scene she's in.

  2. Meryl Streep seems to get nominated every year for best actress or supporting actress; so a lot of people obviously think she's talented .. I just don't see it

  3. Jane, I'm sure you'll love Jane! I hope you do manage to see some of these films soon! It seems that a few will play over Christmas...

    Samuel, not a fan of Meryl? I think she just keeps improving over time.



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts