Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

Not sure if fans of the Regency era will be interested in this film but thought I'd post the trailer for those who are fond of action-adventure films. This Disney film is based on a video game "set in medieval Persia, Earth's mightiest and most mysterious kingdom, where a king and his son defeat the powerful Maharajah and kidnap his daughter, looting his palace of priceless treasure, including an extravagant hourglass, and a mysterious dagger."


Starring
Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, Alfred Molina and Ben Kingsley.



4 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Regency films AND films with hot guys in leather, so I guess that's why I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say it was in the strand of a Pirates of the Caribbean film. Gemma Atherton and Ben Kingsley are two great period actors. There seems to be a bit more action than Pirates though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of action films, yes; the action/fantasy genre, not so much! Hollywood doesn't seem to get them right. They tend to go one way to please fan boys and not enough the other way to please fan girls... or vice versa.

    Plus I'm having a really hard time buying Jake Gyllenhaal in such a role... especially with that accent. It will take an act of Congrass to get me in a movie seat for this one. I'll probably rent the DVD one night when I have absolutely nothing to do or never.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Alisa is a yes, Laurie is a maybe, and Teresa is waiting for government action!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts