North and South - 5 year anniversary!!

It seems like it's been around for so much longer or is that perhaps because it has lodged itself so firmly in our hearts??? And yet, there are still many who haven't discovered this awesome drama. (A wrong that needs to be corrected in my opinion!)

North and South aired on BBC in November of 2004. It is a 4 part miniseries based on Elizabeth Gaskell's novel and highlights the love story of a cotton mill owner from the North of England with the independent pastor's daughter from the South. After its airing, BBC's messageboard crashed with so many fans trying to log on and I would venture to say that the world of period drama has not been the same since!

Starring Richard Armitage and Daniela Denby-Ashe...


Read more at my original post

Richard Armitage jewellery






Here is the recap I did previously,
telling the story through 'motivational posters' ...




9 comments:

  1. This wonderful piece of drama deserved to be celebrated on its anniversary and I too did my little modest job. But your posts are awesome, excellent pictures. I especially love your motivational posters, wonderful! Happy N&S's anniversary to all of us who love it so dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, it was reading YOUR blog that I found out! (and wishing that I knew earlier to properly mark the occasion or find time to watch it!) I did those motivational posters a long time ago so I was just re-posting them but thanks! I tried clicking on your link to Greg Wise reading the proposal scene but last night it didn't work for me so I'll go try again! Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I can't believe it has only been 5 years. This is one for me that gets better with each watching and I love it more. Except for the train scene. I always loved the train scene. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it and would love to see it offered for sale I've seen it on PBS and nowhere else.
    Great post thanks for sharing.
    You have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see this movie SO bad!! I am BEGGING for it for Christmas!=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it's been 5 years since North & South came out. I discovered the show about 3 years ago myself...I just broke down and bought the DVDs after hearing so many good things about the show. And I'm SO glad I did! My life has never been the same since the introduction of Richard A. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay and Simone, I do hope you see it soon!
    To the rest of you ladies, I just say ahhhhh, isn't it sublime? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One cannot help of loving this PBS masterpiece :)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts