Bright Star - Interview with Jane Campion

Director Jane Campion in an interview for Barnes & Noble Studio, talks of reading Keats' biography, her desire to better understand poetry, and making the film "Bright Star". She also discusses working with the stars Abbie Cornish and Ben Whishaw.

Loved hearing Campion mention her admiration for Georg Eliot (specifically Middlemarch) and for the Bronte sisters. How I wish that Campion would direct either of those films which seem to be on hold. I can't believe that the biopic of Bronte hasn't received adequate funding since I'm sure there would be plenty of us waiting to see it! Or if she decided to take on Charlotte Bronte's Villette, that would be welcome indeed, based on others' recommendations!



2 comments:

  1. They say Bright Star will come out in April 2010 in Italy. :-( I hope the British DVD will be released earlier. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you do see it soon Maria! I don't know why it takes so long for some films to get to our countries!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts