Bright Star - favourite images

After finding out too late that 'Bright Star' was playing in town twice already and not having the time to get to the theatre, I was determined to not let my 3rd chance pass me by. My worry that it would not meet my high expectations was not fulfilled. It was visually stunning! I felt like the whole film was poetry in motion! The costumes worn by Abbie Cornish were to die for! The quiet, simple manner in which the story was told, wrapped me under its spell. Ben Whishaw gave a powerful, tender performance and I left the theatre sighing with content! I was eager to learn more about the life of John Keats and inspired by Jane Campion's beautiful film of this poet.

As soon as I got home, I tried to find screencaps of my favourite costumes but I've only been able to find limited caps. There is a lovely opening shot of Fanny Braune which captivated me and if I ever find it, I'll post it here!

(Found it! Here's the opening scene that I liked...)



I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the truth of imagination.
What the imagination seizes as beauty must be truth - whether it existed before or not.



I have to include this pic as part of the costumes in this film.
Doesn't Charles Brown look dashing in his plaid?? :)
(Just realized that he and I share the same name!)


>>> More information and pics of BRIGHT STAR



4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear all the positive reviews that have been coming in. I really want to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....looks amazing. Must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful images from Bright Star. I also loved it, every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! When will I be able to see it? :-(

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts