Dean Spanley with Jeremy Northam & Bryan Brown

I don't think there are many discussions about Emma adaptations without referring to who most of us consider to be the ultimate Knightley - Mr. Jeremy Northam. I don't mean to discredit Jonny Lee Miller's performance - I thought he was quite good. I just wasn't thrilled with the overall production and felt in need of a little bit of Jeremy to cheer me up. I found this interview he did with costar Bryan Brown for Dean Spanley. I was excited about the trailer when it came out but haven't heard any more of the film. Wondering if anybody has seen Dean Spanley?

Now for a little dose of Mr. Northam :)



I had posted the trailer earlier but here it is again...





I've finally seen the film and thought it was just fair. I think I was expecting more based on the trailer but I found the movie to be rather boring and how could I say that with Jeremy in it?! Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. saw it a few months ago here in NZ (was an NZ director). Charming film, rather quirky and Jeremy delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There cannot be enough of Mr. Northam. I love him in Possession.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon,
    Glad you got to see it! I was jealous when I saw on IMDb that it's played in NZ but seems to have not aired here except for the Toronto film fest.
    Gricel,
    I thought he was good in Possession as well!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts