tiff 2009

Wishing I was in Toronto to take in some of these period movies and crossing my fingers that some of my favourite ones do well to ensure a wider distribution...

Here are some of the period films that are currently being featured at tiff :
(toronto international film festival)

Agora
*Bright Star
*Creation
*Glorious 39
Soloman Kane
An Education
Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky
Dorian Gray
*The Young Victoria

I read an article with rave reviews of An Education starring Carey Mulligan, hailing this as her breakout role but I already love her as an actress!

My absolutely favourite new period drama is The Young Victoria so I'm hoping it gets warmly received and I cannot wait to see Bright Star or Creation which I'm certain I will love based on what I've seen so far. Another one I'm eager to see is Glorious 39....

These movies are listed with upcoming films (link at top of post) and you can find out more of the films playing at tiff's website.

2 comments:

  1. I wish that I was there too! I will look up some of these films. I'm dying to see 'The Young Victoria'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Viola!
    I watched the movie here. An ad pops at the beginning which is annoying but you can watch the film in two parts. That's if you don't want to wait for the film on DVD...
    http://www.fastpasstv.com/movies/the-young-victoria-2009/

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts