Recycled Costumes, more discoveries...

I recently found out that although Little Dorrit won the Emmy for costume design, much of their wardrobe was "recycled" which is surprising that it was nominated for that award. I made a little visit to Katie's site and found a few more additions of outfits that appear in more than one drama...


On left,
here's a familiar scene with Margaret Hale in "North & South" but did you know that the dress is also seen on an actress who's starred in an Austen film and wore the dress in "Madame Bovary"...






On right,
I doubt you would walk down the street unnoticed in this dress... find out which 3 films used the same frock...








On left,
this dress is seen in Firelight, a film that is on my "to watch" list based on recommendations from great sources. It can also be seen on Toby Stephen's wife in the series"He Knew He Was Right".



visit Recycled Costumes site


More posts here:
FASHION INDEX

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, thanks for pointing out all of these connections!

    I need to have a Little Dorrit marathan, asap.

    Ruth @ http://booktalkandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is strange that they should win Emmy's isn't it? The Tudors also won an Emmy for best costume design, and practically everything in that show is recycled! I would hate to see my designs win an award that I did not get credit for...

    Thanks for mentioning my site again! :) I think this post has urged me to write a short article on the morality of reycled costumes winning awards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So have you seen firelight yet? Hardly anyone i know has even heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ragtag, I've had various people mention it to me so I did watch it recently!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts