BBC's Emma - Cast photos

With much anticipation for BBC's upcoming mini-series of Jane Austen's Emma, we now get to take a look at some promotional shots of the cast. I peeked at these last week but I'm trying not to look at anything else until it actually airs on October 4th. I find knowing too much beforehand tends to spoil it for me. Then I thought others might like to see these so I'm posting some mockups of the originals that I found on Shootastic.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

























































































































And my fave pic of the bunch is not of Emma or Knightley but of Sir Michael Gambon as Mr. Woodhouse.(If only he were in North & South, he'd be in all 3 of Gaskell's adaptations. One of my fave actors!)

5 comments:

  1. I love Jeremy Northam... Can I forget his perfomance in the movie of Douglas McGrath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely! Where did you get them all?
    I can't wait to see this adaptation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love love love Jeremy Northam. His performance as Mr. Knightley was strong and manly but kind, caring, and romantic. He just *was* Mr. Knightley. There seemed to be no acting.

    In the bits I've seen of this new Knightley, the part seems forced and fake. *not excited* But, nonetheless, I am happy to see more Jane Austen movies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to seeing Michael Gambon as Mr Woodhouse - must agree your picture of him is great! As indeed are the other pictures. I'm hoping this production will get fantastic ratings and tempt the BBC to commission more costume dramas.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noelia, I don't think I could forget Jeremy even if I wanted to! *sigh*

    Laurie, the pics were at Shootastic, link in post...

    Sarah and Judy, I do hope that more Austen will spur on other great BBC ventures. Don't they know that period drama fans are the most loyal?

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts