This and That - Aug 4/09

TVOntario is airing Lost in Austen on Tuesday nights at 9 pm, repeating at midnight starting tonight August 4!
Starring Jemima Rooper, Elliot Cowan, Hugh Bonneville, Tom Mison, Christina Cole, Tom Riley, , Guy Henry and Gemma Arterton as Elizabeth.
(Came across this review of LIA via Twitter which I think sums it up nicely. I happen to be one of the ones that was thoroughly entertained by this series although I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea.)

Just noticed that they're also showing Little Dorrit on Thursdays, starting August 6 at 9pm, repeating at 12 or 12:30 depending on the week. It will be shown in 8 - hour long episodes.

Starring Claire Foy, Matthew Macfadyen and a large cast of veteran actors! Not to be missed if you've not seen it yet.

Just heard rumblings about a film adaptation being done of Les Miserables, the musical. I have to say that I'd be very keen to see this since when I first watched the film with Liam Neeson, I assumed it was a musical, and although I adore the concert version, I'd like to see it done dramatically versus singers standing on the stage. There's a listing for it on Imdb but no word yet on how far this project has progressed.

Came across this for fans of Austen who might still need a calendar for the upcoming year?
It features CE Brock's illustrations of P&P and can be found at Cafepress...


  1. hi,I'm maria from the period drama challenge.
    Well,you know how it goes...somedays nothing worls for girls.Perhaps I watched the young victoria in one of those days ;).
    Cool blog,I added you on my blogroll.

  2. Hi Maria! I admit that I can't imagine anyone not liking Young Victoria but I sure don't expect us all to like the same movies! I know there are some popular movies out there that others like but are just not my cup of tea :)

    Thanks for adding me!



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts