Richard Armitage's next film?? Guess not...

Update: Richard is no longer attached to this film. The director will be online to discuss at the forum for the movie March 9 at 10 pm UK time.

NOT....Richard Armitage is attached to a new project "Charlie" about an escaped POW in WWII.
[Thanks to Lights, Camera, History for posting this!]


C19 has some info - the website for the film has just been launched www.charliefilm.co.uk/

Mike Ogden (writer and director) has described the film as "sort of a mix of English Patient/Saving Private Ryan/Whistle Down the Wind/Lord of The Flies/The Pianist... but it's far from films like Dirty Dozen or that mess Tarantino just released."
He also mentions two books which he's suggested to Richard Armitage to read to prepare for the role: Silence on Monte Sole by Jack Olsen and Italy's Sorrow by James Holland.

Lara Fabian is also mentioned. I know Lara as a singer but haven't seen her in film yet. Here's one of her performances where she's blown away by her fans. Lara will be playing a doctor's wife Mimi, as well as singing on the soundtrack.

6 comments:

  1. That video made me tear up and I don't even really know the singer (only seen her once in duet with Russell Watson) and didn't even know what the song is about. Very touching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I saw her years ago on Canada Day where she was performed as one of the "up and coming" singers. I just found out that she's Belgian but she launched her career in Quebec I think. She also has some English albums...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being French I know who Lara Fabian is and I can tell you that she was briefly seen in De-Lovely with Kevin Kline among others. She performed one song in the movie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emilie, I haven't seen De-Lovely and didn't realize Lara was in it! Thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I could be of any assistance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can highly recommend another of Lara's songs:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGthVEza97U
    this clip gets me, every single time
    (pay special attention at her facial expression after she finished singing...the emotions got her so strongly that she seems lost, for a couple of seconds)

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts