Period Costume - who wore it best?









Have you visited Recycled Movie Costumes?
I love this dress found on Natalie Dormer (The Tudors) and on Helena Bonham Carter (Henry VIII). Not only do I like the dress but I find it amusingly looks like it could appear on the glossy pages of a Tudor magazine with the caption, "Who wore it best?" Can you imagine the young ladies of the court trying to keep up with the latest fashions while trying to avoid the faux pas of being caught in a magazine photographed in the same dress as the queen? I don't think Marie Antoninette or Anne Boleyn would look kindly upon that situation!

WHO WORE IT BEST?


















While checking out the new additions to the site, I'm continually surprised to see some familiar dresses pop up in other films!
Here are some of my favourites!

To see the matching dresses, visit Recycled Movie Costumes!

Left to right:
Wives & Daughter (Justine Waddell's dress is also seen in Little Dorrit on someone's sister...)
Titanic (Kate Winslet's coat also seen on Alexis Bledel in a cute film...)
Aristocrats (Geraldine Somerville's dress is also spotted in 3 other films...)



The Patriot (Joely Richardson's dress reappears in Felicity, an American girl)
P&P (Susanna Harker's spencer shows up in another Austen film)



A friend on C19 had found these pics and I haven't had time to post them. I adore this dress found on Tattycorum (Freema Agyeman) from Little Dorrit and it can also be seen on Jane Bennet (Sabina Franklyn) from P&P (1980)
It's also spotted in 5 other films which I'm sure we'll see in more detail on Recycled Movie Costumes in the near future! (unless it's already there but I couldn't find it Katie!)


Click to Enlarge
[image]



To see more, visit Recycled Movie Costumes!

More posts here:
FASHION INDEX




2 comments:

  1. I love the Recycled Costume site - and yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! and I like the new Recycled site too!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts