Julie & Julia

This uplifting and funny movie did not disappoint!

Based on two true stories, Julie & Julia intertwines the lives of two women who, though separated by time and space, are both at loose ends... until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible.

Meryl Streep is Julia Child and Amy Adams is Julie Powell in writer-director Nora Ephron's adaptation of two bestselling memoirs: Powell's "Julie & Julia" and "My Life in France," by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme.

The film bounces back and forth between the 1940's when Julia Child was struggling to write her classic cookbook and 2002 as Julie Powell attempts to follow in her footsteps. Although Amy Adams and Meryl Streep do not share any scenes together, we see how closely the two women's lives mirror each other.




Julia Child (Streep) with husband Paul (played by Stanley Tucci)


Julie Powell with husband Eric (played by Chris Messina)


Jane Lynch on left as Julia's sister Dorothy




Meryl and Amy at the film premiere





2 comments:

  1. I finally watched this DVD rental last night with my hubby. We both really liked it. I actually LOVED it!
    Meryl Streep is fantastic, she really had me believing she was Julia Child (but of course much better looking!)
    And I really adore Amy Adams. I also loved how the movie went back and forth showing the similarities in their lives.
    I didn't know about the real-life blog that Julie had. So it's also an interesting story about blogging...well, writing...in many different forms.
    Very interesting movie. I will want to watch it again I am sure, so I should probably buy the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to see it Phylly! My daughter took me to see it this summer and we both loved it! Amy and Meryl were terrific as were both of their husbands (wasn't Stanley Tucci great?) The cooking, learning about Julia's spying background, the whole thing was so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts