Art of Sophie Anderson

Sophie Anderson
French / British
(1823 - 1903)



'Take the Fair Face of Woman, and Gently Suspending, With Butterflies, Flowers,
and Jewels Attending, Thus Your Fairy is Made of Most Beautiful Things'
[a.k.a. Take the Fair Face of Woman]


The Turtle Dove


Love in a Mist


The Head of a Nympy


Birdsong

Peek-a-boo


Wait for me


Deep Thoughts


Young Girl


Windfalls


The Time of the Lilacs


Portrait of a Young Girl


Spring Blossom

Foundling Girls in their School Dresses


See more period paintings at Gallery of Selective Artwork



1 comment:

  1. Wow. I mean WOW! Thanks for researching these!!! Bless you my dear. I love this type of art and can't believe that the only one I've ever seen is the first image, the girl with the butterfly wreath. I can't wait to adorn my home with some of these. Thanks Cheryl!!

    ReplyDelete

I HAVE RETIRED FROM THE BLOG AND WILL NO LONGER BE DOING UPDATES. THANKS!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Posts